Monday 1 August 2011

Clear Trails



Awesome event.

Easily the hardest run I've ever done made do-able by the superb checkpoint crews who looked after me like I was the only runner there. Brilliant to have met David (Ultra Running Collie) and Adam whose superb local knowledge made the night section a lot easier. By this point I'd lost the ability to read and remember the punchlines of jokes (something to do with a car and David Beckham, anyway)

Stand-out moments have got to be the Kentmere checkpoint/party, beef stew at Chapel Stile, dying for a beer at Ambleside and watching headtorches winding skywards into the night after Tilberthwaite.

10 comments:

  1. Well done! That sounds really awesome! Great that you got to meet David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had a blast paul..the jokes..they were all bad but deliriously funny..see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys. My feet and I are just about on speaking terms, but Spook's still got a bit of a face on because I left him at home. Will be getting my application in as soon as!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Paul. The 100 next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll stick to the 50, I reckon! The 100's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably passed you in the dark going the other way on the Open24. What great weather to be out in the hills, right? Can't beat the Lakes for the views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a bit of banter on the climbs that we wished it was wet and windy. Never happy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. In awe of all of you.
    Well done.
    Sat at mardale head for 3 hrs watching.
    I would like to give it a go next year.....
    but I said that last year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll love it, Stu. Get yer place booked as soon as!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Paul, a month late, but glad it was a good experience for you.

    ReplyDelete